I keep meaning to update this thing, but oh well! It's been 10 days since I've written anything so let me update ya:
Connor is now 3 months old! He is probably over 16-17 lbs, since his 3-6 month clothing is already starting to feel pretty tight. As Jeramy says, "He's not missing any meals at the house!" We take a look at him and think, "Look at 'em rolls!" It's amazing how much he's changed in a matter of 3 months. He doesn't even look like the baby I popped out 3 months ago! It's funny when we met this 1 year old at church the other night...he only weighed 16 lbs! Then today, we met one of Jeramy's friend's baby boy and he's already weighing 21 lbs at 5 months...CRAZY! We're gonna have to buy Connor a new car seat pretty soon since the thing can only carry up to 20 lbs. Connor's so darn heavy to carry around already. Jeramy and I are getting muscular arms though, so it's well worth it. heh heh
On Labor Day, I had an emotional breakdown with Connor. He cried for nearly 4 hours straight and I just didn't know what to do. I ended up crying with him the last hour. I think he was weirded out by the whole thing because his crying ceased a little. He was probably wondering what the heck was going on with me. Honestly, I didn't know what was going on with me either. I was just sleep-deprived that day and his crying didn't help much with that. I ended up crying because I yelled at him and I felt so guilty for doing it...I felt like the worst mother ever. It definitely scared him when I yelled and that made me feel sooooooooooooooo bad! I did all that I could to calm him for hours on end, so...
I called the grandparents and asked if Connor and I could go swimming in their pool. I just needed a break! I dressed Connor up in the cutest outfit ever! I took him "swimming" for the first time. He didn't take to it very well since the water was so darn cold, even though it was like a 100 degrees that day. I tried to keep him out of the water as much as I could, thinking he would get used to it, but I have to admit the water was too cold even for me...so I had Grandma Holly take him out. I felt like he's had enough for the day. I stayed in the water and splashed around for a few hours, while she watched him for me. It felt good to be able to relax. I asked my friend Corinne to come over...I needed a friend at the time. I was so glad to have her there.
We had dinner at Aunt Carol's that night and Connor did exceptionally well. He has been interacting with other people, so it's a lot more fun for other people too. It's funny though 'cause Connor has been going through this phase wherein he's been really clingy to me. He prefers to be with me rather than Daddy. I can totally understand why, since I'm practically with him 24/7 but Jeramy says he's beginning to have a complex. I reassured him that babies go through phases, just ask other parents...and sure enough, other parents agree.
Let's see...what's new with Connor? He's been trying to pull himself to sit up now for weeks. He takes our fingers and pulls himself up but he also tries to pull his head and shoulders up when he's lying down or sitting down while supported. He still can't hold his own head up on a regular basis but he does hold his head up extremely well when he's on his tummy, when we're carrying him, etc. He is drooling all over the place and still blowing lots of bubbles. He is now having extensive conversations with us and definitely recognizes us as his parents. He is really happy and talkative when he wakes up (even though it's at 5:30 in the morning!) and he seems to talk more when he 1st wakes up and when he's about to go nite nite. He loves baths and gives me the "flirtiest" smiles when I pour water on him. He now talks and smiles at me, while I'm breastfeeding...which makes it harder for me to feed since he starts doing this 5 mins into feeding and then starts drooling his milk all over me while he does it. He likes to play with his toys now and actually talks with them as well (Mr. Whoozit, Spidey thing, Froggy, etc.). He loves looking at his mobile now (longer than 20 mins!) and loves to listen to music. He turns his head whenever there's music or when he hears our voices from afar. He doesn't get as startled as much as before. He can almost say hello, hi and Mama (or so it seems). But he definitely is imitating us more and more each day. He likes looking at himself in the mirror and smiles at himself. He is already beginning to manipulate us by his loud yells, fake cries and puupy dog faces. It's really funny when he does it, 'cause it works!!! He's wanting to roll over on his tummy when he's on his back. I can't think of much else...but he is definitely "growing up" more and more each day. He does so much these days that it's hard to keep track!!
Anyways, things are awesome at home. Jeramy just started working graveyards (7 pm-7am) so it's kinda nice to have him home during the day, even if he's sleeping until 1 or 2 in the afternoon on the days he works. He actually just started this past weekend so he was pretty out of it the 1st few days. Like the other day, I was warming Connor's bottle in a glass full of water and I had him go get it so he could feed Connor. Apparently, he saw some bubbles on the bottom of the bottle and he thought he would try to get them out so he took the bottom of the bottle off...and the milk went bye bye!!! I just laughed because I knew how tired he was, but I would have been pissed otherwise. I try to pump milk atleast 2-3 times a week so Connor can eat from the bottle a few times a week. He still hates it, but we're trying...
Connor is now sleeping much better than before. He can sleep 4-5 hrs at a time now 3-4 days a week so it's been really nice! I don't have to take naps as much during the day anymore, but he definitely still has his "bad" days. We're definitely getting used to things now so life has been good!
We're having Connor's dedication this coming Sunday so I've been busy preparing for that. I am so excited because we have so many people coming from out of town...my family, Jeramy's family and friends, etc. It should be a really fun weekend!!! Well, I'm gonna go upload the new pics so you guys can take a look at them. Hope everyone's doing well!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment