
Today, Jeramy and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary. It was such an uneventful day due to the family being sick but at least we got to spend 2 days together beforehand. On Thursday, we headed down to Pismo and ate at Spy Glass Inn for lunch (used B1G1 coupon). What a great view, even though it was raining the whole time. Then after we headed over to Centaur Resort & Spa in Arroyo Grande, which Jeramy thought was a joke at first since the spa is located at someone's house (well a bed & breakfast really). I won a $200 Spafinder.com gift certificate from a contest not too long ago so we used that for a couple's 60-minute massage plus a 30-min facial for each of us. It was really nice. We even got to sit in a steam room for 30 mins after all was said and done. Diane (co-owner) is a super nice lady and she really made us feel comfortable. It was really neat to hear thunderstorms and rain pattering on the roof during our session. It just made it that much more memorable.
We finally checked into our hotel at San Luis Bay Inn in Avila (thanks to my loving inlaws for their present!) at 6 pm and took a much needed nap. We didn't sleep much the night before since the kids kept us up with their sickies. :( Finally at 8 pm, we headed over to Old Vienna Restaurant in Shell Beach, a really unique German restaurant that was surprisingly really nice inside with its indoor waterfall and international flags hanging from the ceilings. We were the only ones there but we didn't mind it at all since we appreciated the quiet surroundings. Being with a 4 and 2 year old all day, makes you appreciate the silence, that's for sure.
The food and service was AWESOME. I honestly can list this is one of my top 10 favorite restaurants on the Central Coast. The prices were reasonable as well which we didn't even pay full price since we had a Restaurant.com gift certificate. (We're all about saving money!)
The next morning we headed over to Zorro's Cafe in Shell Beach and had breakfast. It's a little itty bitty place, but the food was great. And ofcourse, we also had a coupon for that place so we had to try it out. It's worth trying when you have a B1G1 free coupon!
Then ofcourse we included a little shopping towards the end of our mini vaca and headed home to receive grumpy and really sick kids from Grandpa and Grandma. Boy, were they CRANKY! I'm glad we got to spend a little bit of time alone together. We are truly blessed to be able to get away at least once every week or every other week to bond. I love our time together. The best part is that we actually really enjoy each other's company and look forward to all the times we get to spend together.
I love you Jeramy! Here's to 5 years of marriage and many, many, many more years to come!
7 comments:
Happy anniversary! You guys are so great together!
I'm SUPER SUPER impressed at all the bargains, coupons, gift certificates and freebies! Wow - how did you manage all of that?
Thanks Sandy!
I'm always on the look out for killer deals. There are a lot of websites that offer coupons and sales, it's just a matter of finding them. It's kind of time-consuming (esp when clipping grocery coupons and tracking sales) but it's all worth it in the end!
Wow! I can't believe it has been 5 years. Jeramy was only 5 and Sydney was just a little baby. It is hard to believe. Your wedding was so beautiful. Rod and I could really tell that you guys were in it for the long hall. You are such a sweet couple!! Congrats!
I hope that you guys are all feeling better soon. It really is the season for sick kids!
happy anniversary! i feel like you guys have been married FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy he stalked you! i mean, found you! LOL
xoxoxo
Wow, that sounds like a fabulous time! Great local spots!!! We have also been sick over here - that darn stomach bug is going around. I hope your family is well soon.
Thanks Andrea for your sweet comments! Jeramy and I have always felt like we were the perfect match.
I can't believe how big your Jeramy has gotten. He was only 5 when he was our ring bearer? Wow. He is truly becoming a little man!
Yes Jennster, I'm glad he stalked me too! HAHA
Post a Comment