Every year, thousands upon thousands line up outside the retail big box giants like Best Buy, Costco, Old Navy, etc hours before the store even opens. But with more & more deals being offered online a few days or hours before "doorbusters" are even offered at the store, then what's the big hype about lining up before the 5 am opening time??? Is it the adrenaline rush you get from getting one of the best "limited quantity" deals or do you just like getting trampled by masses of strangers?
I admit, I am one of the Black Friday crazies that gets up super early to try to snag one of those deals. For the past two years, my best friend and I would leave our house before the crack of dawn and attempt to find everything on our list before the dreaded end of the doorbuster specials. This is one of the many traditions we have created for ourselves but unfortunately this year, she had to go to a wedding so I was left to confront the masses on my own.
However, I purchased many of the doorbuster specials online early on and didn't have to show up with the other crazies bright and early at those big box stores. I was really tempted to go to the 3 am opening at Old Navy, considering I'm still up most nights (or mornings) at that time. But I decided to sleep in (YAY!) and head out instead at a decent hour (9:30 am). To my dismay, ofcourse, a lot of the best deals were already out of stock and after standing in line at the 2nd store I went to (Kohl's) for almost an hour...I was DONE.
The best part was that I made it home just in time to purchase some of the specials online! With Bing cashback or Ebates, coupon codes, free shipping and the convenience of not having to deal with the crowds...I think overall that my experience shopping online was far better than having to go to the stores. But even with all my frustrations waiting in line (I just don't have the patience for it), my best friend and I will continue our tradition next year. :)
Any other Black Friday crazies out there?
4 comments:
I am a black friday crazy! This year I didnt go, but I just didnt see anything that was on my list, and I didnt have anyone to go with. So I opted for sleep! It used to be that you could get quality things on sale, but now stores like wal-mart bring in cheap things (ie pj's) that they don't usaully stock. They are usaually not worth it. I do wish I would have gone to Old Navy on Thanksgiving to use the coupon from their ad. Oh well better luck next year! Happy Shopping!
Yeah, I wish I just stayed home. I didn't really need anything that I purchased. I actually found better deals online! You're right that you used to get quality things on sale but not so much anymore. With a limited quantity of 10 or less for quality items, your chances of getting one is pretty slim. I wish I had gone to Old Navy too but I scored some great sales with the OldNavyWeekly.com coupons. I hope they continue that, those are some awesome coupons! Happy shopping to you too!
Not me! I think I've only actually gone shopping on Black Friday a couple of times in my life - I haven't ever had anything that I wanted bad enough that it was worth it! I have had some excellent results with online shopping the past few years, though!
The only time I really wanted something so badly and actually showed up around opening time was last year at Circuit City for a digital camera. Sadly enough, I lost that same camera just a few months later. :(
Post a Comment