
Here are some tips on how to make Black Friday a sucess!
- Research the weekly ads on GottaDeal.com or BFads.net and start looking for the things you want to buy and make a list of brand names, model names, prices and stores they are being offered at (including opening times and when doorbusters end).
- When the ads come out in the paper (usually the day before Thanksgiving), go through each ad and circle the items you would like to buy with a bold marker. Make your shopping list!
- If the store has a price adjustment policy, it would be smart to buy the items on the day before Thanksgiving and just get the price adjustments done on Black Friday or just make sure to get the price adjustments on the days the prices are good for. I shopped at Target from 8 pm until 11 pm on Wednesday and purchased all the items that were listed in the Black Friday ad. As long as the items are not doorbusters, you can get the prices adjusted. I went up to the Customer Service desk on Black Friday morning and received $60 back just in price adjustments!!!
- If the store has a price match policy, then you can do one-stop shopping at that particular store. All you need is to have the original ad from the competitive stores with you and point out each item to the cashier as you check out. They will match the price right then and there! Some stores require you to go to the Customer Service desk, Target does not. I also shop from other stores' ads while shopping at Target and hope that they have the same exact item! As long as it's not a limited time sale (ex: early bird specials, doorbusters, available between 4 am and noon, etc) then you can price-match other stores! It's an awesome way to get the deals other stores are offering without having to drive all over the place.
- Don't forget to use coupons if you have any!!! I go into each store (that takes coupons) armed with my coupon binder, tote bags and all the weekly ads from all the stores. Search for coupons online prior to shopping and print them all out then take that along with your shopping list!
- Make sure you go shopping with people that have the same agenda as you. There's nothing worse than shopping with someone on Black Friday that is ready to move on to the next store when you're not. Make sure to work out a map of all the stores you would like to go to days before just to make sure you're on the same page.
- Use a credit card that is a rewards card. Christmas shopping is a great way to accumulate points to exchange for rewards! It's even better if it has a great interest rate. I use my Citi Mastercard that has a 0% interest rate until April 2011 and I also rack up points each time I use it.
- Make sure to browse for sales online as soon as Black Friday ads get leaked. If you find a better price than what's available on the ads, buy them right away! It's a lot better to shop from home than having to stand in line at the store. Always look for free shipping, promotional offers, coupon codes, etc. There are plenty of sites you can use to find these. I just google what I want (actually I use swagbucks.com) and I usually find what I'm looking for.
- If you are going to purchase items online, make sure to use cash back sites like Ebates.com, Fatwallet.com or Shopathome.com! Cash back sites usually offer double cash back or better on Black Friday!
- Be sure to get plenty of sleep, bring snacks and water for your shopping trip and get everything packed in the car the night before so you can make sure not to forget something in the wee hours of the morning. Drink coffee!
- HAVE FUN!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment