We just came back from having dinner with some friends and I have to say, Connor was awesome tonight! He actually played with the other kids and didn't fuss at all until it was time to leave. He is also sitting for longer periods of time, so I think he is having a better time now because he can view the world a little differently. He still can't quite get himself to sit by himself yet, but he's getting there. He's always trying, that's for sure. He's also trying to get up by getting a hold of things and pulling himself up. It's kinda nerve-racking but exciting at the same time.
He still likes to babble ALOT. He has been saying BABA continously for weeks now and starting to move on to MAMA, which is awesome because it just melts my heart. He seems to say only when he feels he needs to (like to get my attention)...and I must say, it works like a charm! He also has this thing about putting his hand to mouth to make the "baba" sound, kinda like the way you do it when we pretend to be Indians. It's really neat to see how he excels at such a silly act. At first, he seemed to be hitting his own face more than anything but now, he is actually hitting the target!
He has been eating solids regularly now for about a month. He's tried rice cereal, oatmeal w/ bananas and peas. He really likes eating! He didn't like to eat peas at first and you can tell he has a harder time trying to eat it (it's obvious from his gagging and trying to spit it back out) but he's not completely rejecting it, which is good. He takes it in, makes the cutest "yuck" face, and then tries so hard to swallow it. It's all a work in progress, I figure. But he's doing awesome overall, so far. I've also been letting him try different kinds of flavors: such as pumpkin ice cream, pears, bananas, mashed potatoes, etc. He really likes to take part in eating while we're eating, and I just don't have the heart to not let him join in on the fun. I like that he's open to new experiences and as long as he's enjoying it, then I'll continue doing it! There's no harm in letting him try things...
Well, let's see...what else is new? I think we basically have some kind of routine down now. He goes to sleep at about 10:30-11 PM (sometimes even midnite), still isn't sleeping through the night (is waking up 4-5 times throughout the night; sometimes to feed & sometimes just to fuss), wakes up either at 8, 9, 10 or 11 am (depending on what time he slept the night before), change his diaper, play with him for about 10-15 mins, put him in the crib so he can have some alone time to play and watch his mobile, go eat some breakfast, take a bath (if it's bath day; he takes one every other day), takes a nap, play time for 2-3 hrs, I nurse him, he takes a nap, wakes up...blah blah blah. Then when it's bedtime, we or I (if Jeramy's at work) change his diaper, read him a story from the Picture Bible, say a prayer, breastfeed and then night-night time! He's not really on a schedule or anything but it's nice that he's a lot more predictable these days. He hates having to go to sleep, 'cause he'd rather be awake to enjoy the day. Sometimes, he won't go down for a nap at all but we're getting better at reading his cues on when he's ready to eat, sleep, needs a diapey change or is bored. It only took 6 months! haha
Connor's just fantastic and Jeramy and I are enjoying these days so much. He totally laughs and giggles all the time, which makes our lives that much brighter. He knows how to hang on now (sometimes for dear life, it seems), hug and even give sloppy kisses. He's still drooling all over the place and putting everything in his mouth, especially paper. He LOVES paper (as do most kids, I think) so when the Sunday paper comes...I let him go at it. I'm sure some parent or doctor would advise me against it (e.g., "he might get ink poisoning" or "he might choke on it"...trust me, I've heard it all) but I'm sitting right there watching him the whole time and he has his limits. If he starts shredding the paper into pieces, then to the trash it goes. So don't worry, he's in good hands!
Well, here's some interesting tid bits you might not know:
-He actually stays put while I cut his fingernails and toenails...as long as I'm singing! He just LOVES singing and music period. Sometimes, he even tries to sing along!
-He loves getting his hair brushed. And I don't know why, but he loves getting the act of getting undressed, especially when you take his arms out. He just thinks it's the funniest thing ever.
-He found his private parts 2 weeks ago...it's funny! He loves grabbing his balls and starts squeezing them, especially when he's getting his diaper changed and during bath time. He just squeezes and squeezes...I guess boys do start early! haha Like Jeramy says, he's got another 70 years of that ahead of him! :)
-He doesn't like watching TV very much. I try to get him to sit and watch Blue's Clues or other kiddie movies and he loses interest about 5 mins into it. I guess this is a good thing, but sometimes, I wish he would watch TV so I could get things done!!!
-He still LOVES to be out and about. He likes to travel and see the world. I guess, what baby doesn't?
-He loves his Jonny Jumper, exersaucer, and high chair. These are the only places he can stay in for longer than 15-20 mins...and for us, they're life savers!
-He loves people and animals. He loves nature in general, especially plants, trees and flowers. He will stare at the leaves for long periods at a time, as if he's mesmerized. It's kinda weird seeing him in a trancelike state like that, but I think he's just trying to soak data in.
There's so much more that I want to write but our little boy has woken up and I must now tend to his needs!!! TATA!
No comments:
Post a Comment