
So yes, it's confirmed. I am pregnant. For how long? Who knows?! It's killing me that I don't know when my baby's due. Why don't I know this? Well, it's a long story but here it is. (This may be too much info for some people, so just warning you now before you continue).
I didn't get my period back until April '05, when Connor was about 10 months old. I was lucky enough to get it that late, but since then, I had my period regularly which I never experienced before. I always had irregular periods pre-pregnancy so I never knew when to expect my period until "Surprise!" So anyways, it just so happened that the cycle started and the next cycle started within the same month...so yes, I got my period twice a month. Yes, you read that right. TWICE a month. It was insane. I would get my "1st" period at the regular time and that would last for like a week and it was heavy. Then 28 days later, I would have my period again. So this went on and on and on (what seemed like forever!) until October. Then in November, I had my last "regular" period and in December, I spotted for like 3 days.
So the confusion: do I state that my LMP (last menstrual period) was in November or December??? I had my first doctor's appointment on Feb. 21st, a month after I took some home pregnancy tests and got my original positives. It was driving me crazy that I had to wait that long to even get an appt but I guess it was their office policy to not see you until you were technically 8 weeks pregnant. Well, I got my nunu examined and the damn nurse practitioner couldn't tell how far along I was.
I had the ultrasound done on Feb. 28th and the tech tells me she can't tell me how far along I am. The doc has to be the one to do it..."office policy", she says. Office policies my ass!!!! I am sick and tired of waiting. I have been waiting a freaking month already and that's all you have to tell me? BITCH. Anyways, I know it's not her fault so let me just take a breather. Alright, I'm ok now.
Anyways, so yeah...I have to wait now until MARCH 22nd to find out anything!!! But let me tell you this, I was not expecting to see what I saw in the ultrasound. I was expecting to see a little peanut, something that didn't "look" like a baby. But guess what? It sure looks like a baby alright!!! It's so cute. The baby's heart beat was going 171 BPM. I don't know why but the whole thing was surreal. I guess I didn't really expect a "real" baby to be in my tummy already. Granted, with all the morning sickness/tiredness/insomnia/mood swings...I FEEL pregnant. I guess it just wasn't all that real to me until I saw the ultrasound. Crazy huh?!
Connor and Daddy were there to share the experience with me so that made it even more special. Connor was really tired and wanted to nap, so he was being really clingy to me. I went in the bathroom to change into my gown and he cried for me the whole time. Then I laid down on the gurney and he cried some more. Then he watched the TV screen and was in awe for like 3 seconds...then cried some more. LOL! He was out as soon as we got in the car.
Anyways, just wanted to share our ultrasound pic with y'all. How far along do YOU think I am? According to the calendar, if I'm counting Nov. 23rd as my LMP then I'm 14 weeks. If I count Dec. 20th as my LMP then I'm 10 weeks. Either way, I'm ready for this. I just wanna know when my freaking due date is. Maybe that would help me sleep better at night?? haha, yeah right...
1 comment:
that certainly is a baby!!!!!!!!!! SO FUN!
Post a Comment