27 weeks and counting...
Had another appt with the nurse practitioner (Lori Melson) today. Nothing special happened, just another 10 min appt. Weighed in at 167 lbs. Gained a total of 20 lbs...so far so good! I am keeping "on track" with the whole weight gain thing. I just need to maintain it this last trimester, considering my past history of gaining 27 lbs the last 3 months while pregnant with Connor (YIKES!). I had a pelvic exam done because I've been feeling a lot of pressure down there. The NP says it's way too early to be feeling pressure down there considering the baby's too small still. Everything looked fine and seemed normal. The baby is doing great and is quite an active little one. I mean...seriously REALLY active, a lot more than Connor ever was. She's been having hiccups for awhile now and is totally annoying but feels special at the same time.
Some pregnancy "symptoms" I'm experiencing are:
- some heartburn, only after I drink soda (which I normally don't drink when not pregnant by the way) and/or eat fast food (which I normally don't eat when not pregnant either).
- I've had a total LOVE for fast food, cheesburgers and french fries. YUM! So not good for my healthy diet, but I can't help eat. I still crave ice cream like usual, but don't give in each time. This is really weird for me considering I've never had much self-control when it comes to ice cream before!!! LOL!
- Swollen feet. Maybe it's because it's hot like a mofo outside these days but anytime I'm on my feet longer than 20 mins, it seems my feet swell up like crazy. I didn't experience swollen feet at all until I was 8 mos pregnant with Connor.
- Acne is not as bad as I experienced it with Connor. The 1st trimester was pretty bad this time around but my skin is looking perdy good for being this far along. It did get worse when I breastfed last time and I am really hoping it doesn't happen again this time. I looked so ugly with all that acne!!!
- Sciatica isn't that bad this time around either. It comes and goes, worsens when I walk too much (TOO much is like a mile or so). Sometimes it just hits for no apparent reason either, which just makes the day much longer when you're running around a toddler!
- I am constantly tired. I feel like I have absolutely no energy some days. I do try to nap when Connor naps during the day though, so that helps me feel somewhat more energized for the rest of the day. I want to nap at all times during the day but can't sleep at night. Which leads me to...
- Really bad insomnia. Some nights I can't sleep until 3 am and I wake up when Connor wakes up at 6:30 or 7 (GETTING UP is a whole another issue though). Jeramy has been sooooooooooo good to me and letting me sleep in while he takes care of Connor. I love him so much for that.
- Leg cramps. Damn these leg cramps. Only had a few really bad ones so far (one woke me up and I seriously wanted to kill something...thank goodness my loving hubby helped massage my leg!). I had some days where my legs just feel DEAD. I hate that feeling. I feel like I ran a marathon or something because my legs feel so sore and crampy, some days they are completely numb. Icy Hot doesn't do shit for my legs. Just gotta eat more bananas right? RIGHT! LOL!
- Itchy skin. So yeah, we have a ton of mosquitoes that bite me all throughout the day in our newly landscaped yard BUT still, I feel like my skin is tight and taut and just needs to be scratched. My poor legs look all beat up from me scratching the hell out of them. Oh well, it feels damn good when I scratch!
- I barely grew any hair on my legs when I was preggo with Connor but this time around, hair on my legs are growing like weeds. I am too lazy to shave them. But J was so proud of me...I just shaved them the other day for the 1st time in a month. I mean, they weren't THAT hairy, but he definitely notices. haha
- still having a little bit of nausea. NP says it's dehydration so I have been drinking a ton of water. It seems to help. I am having the worst habit of chewing on ice too. My poor teeth!
- My gums aren't bleeding that badly but they are bleeding some. Totally normal according to the NP...- Constipation. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I hate it. What can I say? I wish we didn't have to poo at all. It is such a chore. But when it all comes out, soooooooooooooooo much like heaven. Well ok, sorry for "too much information" but for those who have been constipated for days, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
I think that's about it for now! I need to go to bed!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
Post a Comment