Friday, July 14, 2006

Paul's Wedding

We can't believe Paul actually got married. Just 2 Christmases ago, he was depressed over not having anyone special in his life and that his relationships were all a failure. Now look at how happy he is!

Jeramy and I drove to Livermore to go to their wedding reception. It was really nice and relaxing. They had this amazing ambrosia salad there...I could have eaten the whole thing! I really need to find the recipe for that. (Note to self)

Paul's wife is really pretty and VERY smart. We asked her what she did for work and this is how the conversation went:

j & i: "So what do you do for work?"
her: "I'm a microbiologist. I do research for the government."
j & i: "So like what kind of research?"
her: "Well it's top secret stuff...I really can't say...but it's mostly infectious diseases and bacteria"
j: "Wow honey, she's smarter than you!"
paul: "hahaha"
me: "Wow, she's smart honey. I don't know what we can talk about now..."
paul: "hahahaha"
j & i: "Ummmm so yeah...Hmmmm"
me: "Oh wait, I know...is the whole Avian bird flu for real?" (I'm totally thinking I am sooooo smart for even coming up with THIS question...HA!)
her: "Oh gosh, it's been around for decades. It's only a big deal now because the media just got a hold of it."
j: "So yeah, we don't really know what to talk to you about so next time we see you, we promise we would have done our research and we'll have something cool to bring up."
her: "Ummm...ok"

I don't think she thought we were funny, but Paul seemed to think it was all funny because he just sat there and laughed the whole time. I just don't know how to talk to smart people these days. My mommy brain allows me to know my ABC's, 123's, sing nursery rhymes, and just make sure I put my damn shoes on before leaving the house! LOL!

Well, we had a good time hanging out with the newlyweds. Paul's sister interviewed us and videotaped it, asking what advice we had for the couple. J & I just laughed and said:

j: "Just nod and say 'UH HUH' and pretend you're really listening."
me: "Remember the woman is ALWAYS right"

HA! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»