So I had my 37 week appt yesterday morning and had my 1st internal exam since the very beginning of the pregnancy. Apparently, I'm already 3-4 cm dilated and 80% effaced so I can technically go any day now. I was 4-5 cm dilated and 80% effaced for 3 weeks when I was pregnant with Connor and technically, I delivered 2 weeks early. Only because at my last ultrasound last time, I had my EDD changed from July 6th to June 26th (he was born on the 22nd) & when he was born, the pediatrician says according to his "Ballard age" that he was a week late (really long nails, dry skin, no blood or lanugo on him when born --- really "clean", really hairy, etc).
But anyways, my OB says that on average that the 2nd baby is born faster. She wants to induce me on Sept 14th because she doesn't want me to risk having the baby in the car. LOL! She keeps joking about how I don't wanna make front page news! My labor & delivery was a total of 3 hrs with Connor, only an 1 1/2 hr of it was at the hospital. I went from 5 cm at 3:00 am when we checked in at the hospital and went to 10 cm at 4 am... and I delivered at 4:42 am. So I'm scared that I might not make it in time!
I guess my point is this: I am hoping to have a 100% natural birth again (vaginal, no drugs, no induction, etc) but if induction means not risking having the baby in the car or at home, then should I go for it? I mean, I COULD have this baby any day now but is inducing really the right answer IF I don't give birth by the 14th? I don't know what to think considering I'm really against inducing in the first place. I am just getting paranoid now thta I might not make it in time to the hospital. And to think, the doc might just wanna induce to make sure she's getting paid. UGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment