First off, I'm not really one to "diet" or eat healthy. I just love food TOO much to give (the good stuff) it up. I've been trying to maintain my weight by moderation, portion control and exercise. Having 2 kids breeds activity, so that's a plus. Exercising has always been a huge part of my life. I was also blessed with a great metabolism (and luck) and ate whatever I want whenever and never really gained. Then when I got pregnant with Connor, I got into a real funk. I had the mentality of "I'm pregnant...I'm eating for two...I can eat whatever I want!" 65 lbs later, my battle with weight began. I didn't have a hard time losing the first 50 lbs but the last 15 was a toughie. I even joined Weight Watchers...only to get pregnant again a few weeks into it!
I gained another 50 lbs with Isabella and to think, I didn't nearly eat as bad as I did when I was pregnant with Connor. Surprisingly enough, I ended up at the same exact weight right before giving birth! What a coincidence!
I never thought that weight would ever again be an issue in my life but it is. I was anorexic once upon a time and luckily I got help before it got too bad. Due to my many episodes of passing out after practice, my swim coach in HS finally said something and then it hit me "Wow, I'm anorexic?" I guess in my mind I rationalized it as being something else. When in reality, I wasn't eating much and exercising a ton (I worked out 4 hrs a day!). For a long time I struggled with being called "anorexic" because I just didn't think I was...(denial is such a curse!) So it wasn't really hard to get back into becoming "healthy" again since I loved food so much. Just that one year was particularly scary because I truly honestly didn't even know I was being unhealthy at the time. But looking back...I'm like DUH!
Then several years later, I got into a pretty wild lifestyle...trying anything and everything for fun. I admit, those 2 years were definitely fun and there are some days when I think, "Gosh, it was so easy to lose a ton of weight using drugs. This trying to eat healthy & exercising is CRAP" But that moment passes and I just keep trying harder to continue doing it the right way. It just sucks to not have the same metabolism anymore!
I've been doing it the "right" way for the most part (except I can't just give up sweets, fat, junk, you know the GOOD stuff) but I will never forget the times I took the easy route. It makes me realize that I'm a much stronger person now because of it. So as I take each day one at a time, I try to make it a point to at least be active for the day so that I can shove whatever I want into my mouth! HA! I still struggle with it every day. But I am soooooooooo fricken proud of myself. It's taking me much longer than anticipated to lose the baby weight, but I'm happy to finally have some curves!!! LOL!
I'm attempting to run my 2nd 5K this coming Sunday. I am so nervous! I just feel like I'm gonna die...running is so not my forte. Swimming is definitely my thing...I even swam a 1/2 mile nonstop the other day. Woo Hoo! I'm also thinking of doing a mini-triathlon in May. Am I crazy or what?!

No comments:
Post a Comment