Saturday, November 01, 2008

The morning after...

I don't even know what to say right now. I honestly am baffled at the chain of events that have transpired just recently, I do not even know what the right words are to use at this moment. I am truly disappointed & saddened by friends who means so much more to me than I apparently do to them. I feel like I've been used as a scapegoat to overlook their own problems with each other. I feel really hurt that they thought I was that expendable. I guess it is all my fault. It's my fault for caring and for always trying to fix problems that really isn't my problem in the first place. I guess that's where I go wrong. People come to me with their problems and I try to help them fix them. Now I'm being accused of doing something they do themselves!

"The phrase Pot calling the kettle black is an idiom, used to accuse another speaker of hypocrisy, in that the speaker disparages the subject for a fault or negative behavior that could equally be applied to him or her"

I promise to not let this get me down. I can't wait to get away from here. Thank God we're traveling this week. I need to clear my head.

But alas, life does goes on...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you, I am sorry this happened. It sure sounds like some of your friends don't see you for how special you really are. I am glad you are going on vaca this week, it will be good to get away for awhile. I know we talked about this yesterday, but maybe you need to distance yourself from some of them right now and just focus on what you need to do for yourself. Spend some time with the Lord and with those who do value you for who you are. That is what I think, but that is because I know you are trying to help your friends. If they can't see that then that is their problem, not yours. I love you and I hope you have fun while you are away! Give me a call when you get back!! :)

Sandy said...

Not sure what happened...but I hope your trip gives you a little space and perspective on the issue - remember that classic mom advice of, "If they treat you like that, they weren't really your friends in the first place", right?:) Hang in there, babe!

Unknown said...

Woah, have you been living my life recently? I am sorry about whatever happened. I can relate, I am going through the exact same thing with someone too. It sucks and I have to ask myself why I always let myself get sucked in to someone else's drama trying to help and then end up getting burned, used, etc. by them doing to me exactly what they think everyone is doing to them. Sigh.