Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Today was another busy day for the fam. It was non-stop from the time we got up at 8 am til the time we got home at 11:30 pm. I can't believe how well-behaved the kids were all day. I am so glad that they enjoyed this day as I was nearing exhaustion at the end of the night. Thank goodness for the Hixson's party. That was such a great party...great food, great company and ofcourse, the drinks. :)

Halloween is such a special day this year as it's the 1st time the kids are going trick or treating together! Connor dressed up as Darth Vader and Isabella as Princess Leia. Jeramy and I shopped at the very last minute to fix up some Jedi costumes. He found an old 60's bath robe from the thrift store which actually looked very Jedi-ish. My costume on the other hand looked very Padme-like to me but I was asked all night "What the hell are you?" so obviously others didn't see what I was seeing. Maybe a light sabre would have helped?

Anyway, we ended up carving our pumpkins right before heading out to go trick or treating. I usually have this much more organized but this month has been an exception. October has truly been the most stressful and most exhausting month for me this year. I carved my pumpkin while J carved Connor's pumpkin for him. Connor was so sweet that he carved Isabella's pumpkin for her. It's such a cute pumpkin too!

We were planning on heading over to Jen's neighborhood to join them trick-or-treating but we ended up just going around our own neighborhood. Our hood is off the shiznat! Seriously, I had no idea how cool our neighborhood was until now. 80% of the homes were decorated and our neighbors were all dressed up (except for our lovely friends across the street...yeah, you know who you are). It got dark super fast. I didn't realize how slow my kids were until going door to door. LOL. Connor was so scared of some of the homes (which he was rightfully so, as some of the houses were super duper scary!). Isabella, on the other hand, didn't really care about anything other than getting more candy. You go girl!

It was great meeting some of our neighbors. I wish they were as friendly on a regular day as they were tonight. Normally, it's very rare we even see them! But whatever, we had a lot of fun. Connor and Isabella really enjoyed themselves. As usual, I took pictures and videotaped as much as I could.

There were a TON of people in our neighborhood. It's such a new experience for us since we lived in what I consider "rural" part of A-town and we never had people knocking on our door (except for those persistent Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses...whom I welcomed with open arms, by the way). It's so nice to be able to decorate the front of the house and actually have someone other than my husband and kids see them.

I think we were home a mere 10 mins and Jeramy passed out ALL the candy within that time. Yes, it was that crazy! But he was also very generous as I told him WE HAVE TO GO! Luckily, we reached a good break in between crowds and were able to leave just in time.

The party was bangin'. The Hixsons definitely know how to throw a party. Food was yummy. We'll definitely have to get food from there from now on. It was great seeing so many people we normally don't see. It was also a weird night with friends. I think I had an epiphany tonight...life goes on.

Oh well. What matters is that J, the kids and I had a good time and I can honestly say that I am glad it is now over. Now I can start planning our mini-vacation to Phoenix and then pre-Thanksgiving with my fam down south then Thanksgiving here at the house! This month is a busy one for us. I am not looking forward to all the traveling. That's a lot of miles with kids in tow. First things first, I must sleep.

{pictures to follow}

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sounds like a fun Halloween...but where, my dear, are the customary costume pictures of your family???!!! And back in the day, it seems like the majority of your neighborhood was Mormon anyway, so blame all the missionary efforts on your husband's family being good neighbors:)