Monday, December 08, 2008

Re-evaluation...

I had to take a step back from blogging this past month because of a comment a friend made from one of my posts. She made me feel as if I didn't have a right to post my feelings online, for everyone to see. Although I can see her point (and point taken), I have to admit that it really threw me into a loop. I am a pretty open & emotional individual. But at the same time, I am also a pretty private person. I am the kind of person that needs to vent, to speak my feelings and opinions, and am pretty much a "tell it like it is" type of person. However, I do not intend anything in a malicious or hurtful manner. I don't even know why I feel the need to have to explain myself here but I just had the urge to do so. I don't want to feel guilty for posting something here that comes from my heart. I shouldn't have to feel guilty.

I subscribe to Today's Inspiration and the Quote of the Day says:

"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth."
Benjamin Disraeli


Such perfect timing to receive that in my email today...

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Does this mean you're back on the blog train? I've been checking for an update!!

I hope things are settling down over your way and you're getting the peace you sound like you need!

j.sterling said...

don't feel bad for writing what you feel. they don't have to read. :)