Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Season Premiere of "MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY" Chapter 6.5

MARCH 1, 2011 = 165 lbs


APRIL 1, 2011 = 155 lbs


GOAL = 135 lbs


WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY...AGAIN
I am finding that it's getting tougher and tougher to lose weight each year. I've never really had any problems with my metabolism and I certainly have never really had to watch what I ate. Yes, I was one of the lucky ones. WAS, keyword.

But after having children, my oh my, how things have changed. It's definitely a different world I live in now. Always paying attention to nutritional guides (caring about them is a whole 'nother issue though), getting my ass moving, drinking more water and making sure I don't binge too much on cookies and cake. This is what my thoughts consist of now..."must eat...good food", "must work out...sweat it out", "must make time for playtime with kids...chores...running errands...cooking...eat...drink water...exercise". My thoughts are running all day long about being healthier. It's a constant battle, every single day.

As of March 1st, I devoted myself back to being healthy. It's never easy giving up the sugar, the carbs, the good stuff. But the South Beach Diet has proven to be successful for me and it's the best way for me to jumpstart my journey back into the healthy bandwagon. 2 weeks of eating only protein, dairy and some vegetables (no peas, carrots, corn...you know the yummy ones). The best way to detox and honestly, not so bad after the 1st day. I actually don't have a hard time giving up the bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, all that stuff. It's the sugar. Damn that sugar. But honestly, I must admit I still have a little sugar here and there. That must be the culprit as to why the fat has decided to stick so darnly well to my body.

As of March 1st, I also started doing the Chalean Extreme workout program. It's a really bad ass kick your butt type of program but totally doable! All you have to have is a towel, water, weights or bands and a big smile. :) So far so good. I love the workouts. They make me feel good and I sure do sweat a lot. Every single workout, I SWEAT profusely. That must a be a good sign right? Lol.

Well, I've tracked my progress and I have to be honest with myself. As frustrated as I am with my weight loss journey so far (it's just such a sloooowwwww process and all who know me know I have no patience whatsoever), I have to be accepting of the fact that it's only going to get harder as we get older. I have lost 10 lbs so far (even with cheat days in between). 10 lbs is a lot to be proud of, but I still have a long road ahead. After gaining 25 lbs in a course of 4 months, 10 lbs is a very small number. :(

August 2009 = 135 lbs
August 2010 = 140 lbs
January 2011 = 165 lbs
March 2011 = 155 lbs
Short-term goal = 145 lbs
Long-term goal = 135 lbs

This is my way to keep mysef accountable. More progress to come!

No comments: