Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Nature's Touch

I am so sad that Connor came to me today and started crying because he "hurt nature". I asked what he did and he said that he played with a butterfly today at school w/ his foot and hurt it (by accident) then it couldn't fly anymore. He was so sad by it and he was scared that I wasn't going to love him anymore because he hurt one of God's creatures.

We've had many talks about before but making sure to be careful not to hurt God's creatures. That every living thing has a family, has a home to come home to, has a life that is just as precious as our own. I just told him to pray about it and that he needs to promise to himself that he will never hurt a butterfly ever again. It just makes me feel sad that he would even think I would stop loving him because of this?

Have I done anything to make him think that I would ever stop loving him? Have I become that kind of mother to make their kids think that they have to do "good" things to be able to be loved? I had a long talk with him tonight to reassure him that I will always love him no matter what, that I will always love him for the rest of my life and nothing will ever make me stop loving him. I just don't know how to make him believe and honestly, it hurts my heart to know that he thinks that there is even a POSSIBILITY that I could ever stop loving him. :(

No comments: