CONNOR
We were driving by Dove Creek Church yesterday and Connor noticed the banner they have posted in front of the church. It said "FREE FAMILY FAIR FESTIVAL"...
C: "Look Mom, that church is having a carnival on August 13th!"
M: "Oh cool, maybe we should go. That sounds like fun!"
C: "You know Mom, I don't know about going to these free events."
M: "Why would you say that? I like free events."
C: "Well you know, they say it's free, but all they really want is your money."
(I'm just about as shocked as you can be hearing this coming out of my 7-year-old son's mouth)
M: "Oh really, why do you think that?"
C: "Because every time we go somewhere that's free, they make you spend money there by making you buy things or if you want to do anything."
M: "Yeah I guess that's true, come to think of it."
Funny kid...
ISABELLA
So Isabella and I were snuggling on the couch this morning and talking about things we want to do for the rest of the week. We're planning to go back to the Mid State Fair on Friday with Daddy (we went yesterday to ride the carnival rides while Daddy was at work) and the kids are super excited to go back. Well Isabella fell in love with this nail polish set called the "Migi Nail Art" set that a vendor was selling at the fair. She really really really wants them for her birthday...which isn't until September. But there was just noooooo way I was going to spend $25 on a set of nail polish for her 5th birthday. Mind you, I thought it was pretty cool too, but handing out that much money for something incredibly overpriced (and those who know me, I have a tough time buying anything without a coupon to begin with!) is just insane to me. So Isabella was trying to reason with me and trying to persuade me to buy the nail polish...
I: "Mommy, I really want the nail thing. Didn't you like it?"
M: "Yes I really liked it too. But it was kind of expensive."
I: "Well you can get it for me for my birthday."
M: "You're right, I could, but I don't think so..."
I: "Well maybe I can give you 10 kisses and then you have to buy it for me."
M: "Really? 10 kisses huh? How about 10,000?"
I: "Oh Mom, come on, I can't do that."
M: "Why not?"
I: "Ummm Mom, I can't count that high!"
LOL! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment