Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wish there were just 2 extra hours more per day!

I feel like I am always playing catch up with everything.  Now that school is over and summer vacation is here, I once again have a full schedule. We just ended Awanas, T-Ball, and Cub Scouts.  Then here we are, all signed up again for a whole summer of "fun".  It sounded good months ago when I signed up for everything but now it is just exhausting just thinking about what we have going on this summer.  Between swim lessons, reading class (for Isabella), VBS @ several churches, going to the Ravine (we got season passses), and making sure we have other "fun" in between...I just wish there were just two more hours per day so I can catch up to basic necessities (you know, like organizing coupons, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc.).  I wish I wasn't so addicted to Facebook, blogs, and Words with Friends either.  LOL.  That probably explains what happens to all my extra time! 

I am just amazed at how much we try to accomplish in a given day.  To think, mothers back in the day had to cook food from scratch every day (I try!), had to wash clothes by hand, give their children real baths as there were no showers, and at some point in time...they had no hot water or electricity!  Talk about accomplishing a lot, THEY accomplished way more than I ever have in my lifetime and here I am complaining about all the fun times we get to offer our children.  Maybe this is a good reality check...maybe my kids just needs me to bake them cookies and play board games with them all day?  Ever wonder how simple life COULD be?!

No comments: