An inside look into my life as a mommy, as a woman, as a friend, as a lover, as a bargain seeker, as a consumer... I want to share just about everything (well almost everything)...experiences from my past, present, future, fun (and not so fun) details about my life and everything in between... Sharing is caring, right?!
Friday, August 12, 2011
Connor's such a trooper!
Last night, Connor was in tears as he was really nervous about his dentist appointment. I explained that it's OK to be nervous and that everyone is afraid of the unknown. I tried to ease his fears by reassuring him that he can ask the dentist what he's going to be doing exactly and I would be there right next to him, holding his hand...which I didn't end up doing since there wasn't much room for me to do it. :(
Why did he have to go to the dentist, you ask? Well Connor went in for a check-up last week and the dentist found that he had a very mild ("almost a cavity"?) on his bottom left molar. So today, Connor went in to get it taken care of and they used nitrous to take the edge off. I've never used it before so I was kind of worried how it was going to affect him. Surprisingly, he wasn't loopy or anything like what I've seen those kids do on "Ellen". LOL. The whole procedure took less than 20 mins and Connor did awesome! Dr. Cottrell said that most boys are a little more "active" in the chair and Connor was pretty mellow. Shocking. Connor and mellow in one sentence. LOL. :)
The real test will be next Friday. He will be having oral surgery. Apparently, he has an extra tooth growing upside down in the middle of his two front teeth. Imagine that! (Totally explains the monstrous gap between his 2 front teeth!) It's causing such a protrusion and is preventing his smaller upper teeth to come in that it has to be removed soon. I am really nervous about the whole thing and I KNOW that he's going to do just fine, but you know how it is. You just want to protect your baby from anything that might seem painful. He's going to be put under so please pray that he doesn't have any complications. Thanks! :)
Labels:
connor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment