Thursday, August 01, 2013

Back to Reality...



First off, I would like to say...DANG, I have not written in this blog in like forever! I have no idea what happened.  I really wanted to keep up with this thing but it just didn't happen.  Oh well. 

I just came to a realization today that since school has ended in June, we have only spent a few weeks at home.  The week after school got out, we went to San Diego to visit my sistah Charmaine for 8 days, spent 9 days at home and then took off for 26 days on our ROAD TRIP!!!  So that means, I have spent over a month eating out and eating everything in sight.  We literally ate like Kings and Queens, enjoying dessert almost after every meal.  Granted, I enjoyed every minute of it.  It was definitely worth the 15 lbs I gained during vacation. (Honestly, I haven't even weighed myself yet.  I am guessing that's the # since my pants don't fit. Tell-tale sign.)

But the fun must end someday and that someday is now here. 

Booooooo.  Hissssssss...

I would much rather be on vacation enjoying anything and everything I can shove in my mouth.  Heck, I do that during the holidays anyway.  However, this yo-yo dieting is wreaking havoc on my poor body.  Eating healthy for a few months then gorging myself for a few months after...it's a vicious cycle.  It's such a love/hate relationship with food. People hate the word "DIET".  I, on the other hand, use it without remorse.  I diet.  Plain and simple. 

To think, I just won one of the pots of a Biggest Loser contest back in May.  It's only August and I've already gained it all back.  Sad! 

I have no one to blame but myself.  I'm all about "Life is short.  Enjoy it."  But I am also all about fitting in my clothes.  LOL.  Which unfortunately for me, my fat pants are now becoming too tight.  These are usually my WINTER pants and it's right smack in the middle of summer.  Blah.

So today was my last hurrah.  I was trying to start my new weight loss journey today but I wanted to rebel and go against the norm.  Didn't wanna start on the first day of the month, I will start on the 2nd.  So there.

The next Biggest Loser contest begins Sunday, August 11th.  I thought about eating everything in sight before then (and who knows, I might still do that!  LOL) but my mental state needs to be in GO mode now.  Otherwise it will be that much harder when that Sunday rolls around.  I love doing contests.  It's such a great motivating factor.  I like money.  Who doesn't?  I like money even more when I WIN it.  I also like the camaraderie with all the wonderful ladies that are there with you every day TRYING.  The support we have for each other is phenomenal and it's truly a positive experience.


Anyway, wish me luck!  My belly & thighs needs this. 



And oh yeah, pictures to follow.  Eek!

No comments: