Thursday, January 20, 2005

7 months and counting...

Wow, two more days and Connor will be 7 months old. I can't believe it!!! He's growing up so fast!

He's definitely wanting to act like a grownup. He's always wanting to get up and walk around (with our help ofcourse). He's always pulling up or climbing on us. It's kinda funny because he's so ambitious. Once he gets up on both his feet while holding on to our hands, he lets go of one hand and just stands there with the biggest smile ever. He's definitely working on his balance and is getting better at it each day. He even manages to take a few steps this way and then falls on his butt. He used to get so scared when he landed on his butt but I think he's getting used to it now.

He doesn't like it on his tummy as much, but he's starting to get the hang of it. He lifts up his chest and holds his butt up, then tries to get on his knees. When he does accomplish the all-fours stance, he starts rocking back and forth. But then he gets really frustrated and starts whining like a little baby...LOL

He has also learned to scoot with his butt. When he's reaching for something while sitting down, he lunges forward with all his wee might and then he just kinda inches forward...closer and closer until he reaches his goal. It's really neat to watch. We can see his brain working and he's very intent. He focuses on everything so well, then kinda snaps out of his focus once he sees us watching him.

Oh yeah, when he climbs on me...it is so darling! He turns to me and gives me a hug. He loves to cuddle and just loves being close to us, especially to me. He is definitely VERY attached to me. I guess this is expected since I'm with him 24/7!

He's still very interested in nature. He loves plants, trees, animals, being outside...I took him to the zoo the other day and he was so mesmerized with the tigers. And lucky us, the damn tigers sprayed VERY closely to us. That was our cue to leave...heh heh

Then I took him for a 3 mile walk in his jogger stroller around the lake. He loved it so much, he was asleep for most of it!!! It was such a lovely day. I'm glad the nice days are back, but I miss the rain. We need it!!

Well, Jeramy's at work and it's 2 AM. I wish I could sleep but I've tried and I just can't. I'm so used to hanging out with him until the wee hours of the night, so now my whole clock is set to his schedule. But then again, I've always been an insomniac. I just feel the tiredness more now than I did when I was younger. I can still function though and that's all that matters.

Connor has been in bed since 10:30 and he's only woken up once, so that's pretty good. I love watching him when he sleeps. He's sooooooooo adorable, especially when he smiles in his sleep. I think my mom said that babies smile in their sleep when they're full, or something like that. Whatever the reason is, I think it's so damn cute when it happens!!

Oh yeah, we have our webcam set up now so people can watch us over the internet. When I say people, I mean people who KNOW us. We gave both my mom and my sister (the mom of my nephew DJ) webcams for Xmas, since we all live so far from each other. Now we just talk to each other online and view each other's webcams. It's pretty neat. My parents LOVE it and Connor really enjoys interacting with the monitor. :) I think it's so hilarious when my parents act all silly on the webcam. My mom starts singing nursery rhymes to Connor and since the broadcast is a bit slow, Connor is just trying to figure out what the heck is going on. But I can tell that he's into it, 'cause he'll sit in front of the camera and try to be cute for them. Not that he needs to try! heh heh

Well, our 1st wedding anniversary is coming up and I need to start shopping online for Jeramy's gifts. I don't know what to get him!!! I mean I do...but I don't know which styles and such. Ok, I'm gonna go shop now. CIAO!

No comments: