Saturday, January 15, 2005

Update on the fam this January...

Well, let's see...it's been awhile since I've written in this thing!!!

Here is a list of NEW things Connor has done in January:

- started "rocking" while sitting down
- went to his 1st storytime at the Library...and he LOVED it!
- had his 1st cracker (well, it's called a Wagon Wheel)
- he's scooting backwards (or in circles) when he's on his tummy
- has tried the following foods: squash, carrots, peaches, Stage 2 pasta dinner, pears, and vegetable turkey dinner
- has finally rolled over from tummy to back w/o any help...took him awhile to do this 'cause of his weight
- is standing pretty well while holding on to our hands and can take baby steps around the house...he LOVES doing this
- has pulled himself on to the ottoman (using a blanket that's on it), to stand up and he holds himself up and can stand for about 5-7 mins on his own then he falls on his big bubbly butt
- is starting to pull himself up (using us or his walker)while he's sitting down...he has managed to pull himself up on me w/o any help ONCE (happened yesterday) and OMG, I almost peed my pants
- slept for 5 hrs straight (the night he had his shots)
- can put himself to sleep w/o us coaxing him back to sleep...well this has happened only a few times, but we're very excited about it

NEW THINGS that happened in December:
- discovered his private parts and likes squeezing them! LOL
- liked to play "bababa" by putting his hand to mouth (kinda like what you would do when you pretend you're an Indian)
- learned how to tug at my shirt to get my attention (SOOO ADORABLE WHEN HE DOES THIS!)
- tried using the sippy cup for the 1st time (still doesn't know how to "sip" from it, but he knows how to hold the cup and can drink from it)
- tried apple juice and berry juice for the 1st time
- learned how to play PEEK-A-BOO!

I think that's about it...He is still babbling, smiling and laughing like always. His personality is definitely shining through now. He definitely has a mix of mine and Jeramy's temperament. But I can tell that Connor has a short temper, like mine. (UH OH) But hopefully, he'll grow out of it. Oh yeah, he has learned how to throw his arms up to let us know he wants to be carried. This a good way for him to communicate but can also be quite annoying when he wants to be carried all the time. Another neat thing he's been doing is looking back at us to check for approval. He gives us the look as if to say, "Just checking if you're still there" or "Hey, is it alright for me to do this?" or just simply saying, "Yo, look at me!"

Connor is so wonderful. We are incredibly thrilled about all the things he has accomplished these past few months. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. We keep hoping that he'll discover new things every day, but at the same time we are just nervous about the fact that he'll becoming mobile very soon. We kinda like the way it is now...where we can have him sit in one place and still be there when we turn around. Pretty soon, we'll be chasing him all over the place. Honestly though, I can't wait! Connor is so much fun now, how much more then?!

Well, Jeramy and I are doing well. His new schedule is really nice 'cause he has weekends off now...atleast until April. We are trying to make plans to travel to a few places while we have the opportunity to do so. We'll be heading down to San Clemente at the end of February to get new portraits done with my family. That should be fun!

February is a pretty busy month for us! We have our 1st wedding anniversary, my birthday and Valentine's! Poor Jeramy, he has to remember 3 events this month...haha. We haven't made any plans yet for our anniversary other than eating that frozen cake that's been sitting in our freezer for the last 11 months. Can we say YUCK?! LOL

Umm, what else is new? I'm still organizing the Mommy's group here in SLO county. I'm trying to make it so that we have something to do each week and it's been going OK so far. A lot of people flake out and totally understandable (since life is unpredictable when you've got kids), but it kinda bums me out when I drive 30 mins to be there only to find out half of the people showed up. Hopefully, we'll have better turn out rates for future meetups. Oh yeah, I'm also starting to sell some stuff on Ebay and Amazon to make some extra spending cash. I've already sold a bunch of stuff this past week so I'm really excited!!! I'm offering my services to anyone who wants to sell their stuff!!! I'm charging 30% of whatever the sales price is, so if you got stuff laying around your house that you no longer use or want...LET ME KNOW!!! If you're not too far away, I'll come pick it up. You can track everything online, so you can find out if your stuff is selling and if it does, how much $$$ you're making. Sorry about "soliciting" through this, but I'm trying to make some extra money here!

Anyways, enough about that. Back to our family...we are doing awesome. Life with Connor has been challenging in many ways but the rewards definitely far supercede everything else. We kinda know what we're doing now so things are much easier than they were in the beginning. Now, it's more an issue of parenting that it is anything else. Jeramy and I have a lot of issues to deal with in the future as far as how to raise Connor (and possibly other children) but like everything else in life, we'll deal with it.

Ok, I better get some sleep. I'm starting to get a headache...

No comments: