My son is crying his eyes out right now. He's woken up atleast 3 times in the last 3 hours and I don't know what else to do. I've nursed him each time and he seems to go back to sleep but then he wakes up again 30 mins later. This goes on every single night. I know it's my own damn fault for nursing him back to sleep each time, but I am sick and tired of it. I've had enough!
So I'm letting him cry it out. I know it's against my beliefs of Attachment Parenting but I'm just really tired. I've been so sleep-deprived these past 7 months, especially these past few weeks. I get about 1-2 hrs straight and then he wakes up again. I'm too tired to deal with it in the middle of the night so to make things easier on myself, I just nurse him back to sleep. All the while, my husband is lying there...not even aware that we've been in and out of sleep numerous times. I've tried reading books and talking to other moms to comfort me, because God knows I need all the support I can get right now. But it's different when you're actually experiencing it. All the books and all the things my friends say can't comfort me. I am just at a loss right now...how the hell can I get my baby to sleep and to stay asleep???
So yeah, he sleeps with us in the bed, so that doesn't make things easier. But I can't see myself putting him in a crib. Connor's always hated the crib, the cradle, the bassinet, the swing...he'd rather be right next to me or in my arms. I mean, I would prefer that too if I was a baby. Now that he's 7 months...is it a bit late to change things up?
I guess I should've listened to my husband from the very beginning. He wanted to do things differently. He thinks my way is "overbearing" and I think his is "neglectful"...so whose right? We rarely fight but when we do, it's always about this shit. When we talked about parenting before having the baby, we agreed on a lot of the main topics. But noone or nothing prepared us for this. Who knew we were gonna have a "high need" baby? Damn, he's still crying and it's been an hour already. I am gonna keep sitting here until he stops 'cause I'm afraid I'm gonna flip out right now. I laid down with him for half an hour and he just kept on crying. I know he wants the boob, but he ain't gonna get it. I am pooped.
I don't have the energy nor the patience to sit there and listen to him cry. My ears are ringing and my eyes are sore. I know it'd make life a lot easier right now if I just went in and breastfed, but NO. I am going to be strong. If my husband saw me right now, I think he'd give me a big hug and smile to himself thinking, "Aww, she's getting to be a big girl now." And if he did, I'd probably smack him right now. LOL
Oh well, I guess I should go in and check on him. Maybe my ever loving presence will quiet him?? haha, I can only wish...
3 comments:
it is NEVER too late to change things up. you will just have to be strong and stick to your guns. and you most likely will have to do it for 4 days (i think that's the amount) and then he'll get it that this is the new routine, you know?
i'm surprised connor doesn't sleep in a crib. i mean, will you let him sleep in his own bed, or is he going to sleep with you guys until he's 15? LOL i think the longer you prolong certain things that "need" to change, the harder it will be to change them.
Girl, I wrote that thing over a year ago. LOL!!!! It's funny you totally commented on it as if it was happening right now. He's been sleeping in his own bed and in his own room since he was a year old. He never slept in the crib though. He just wouldn't do it and when I did stick to my guns and left him in there...the son of a gun tried climbing out. He almost fell out. That's why we just got him a futon mattress and put it on the floor. The little goomba has been sleeping well since...
LMFAO- i thought that was now! i didn't even pay attention to his age in it.. LMFAO! i am so tired! and this morning i was like, "dude, is she going to have 2 kids sleeping in bed with her?!??!" phew.. at least you told me that was a long time ago- now i can sleep tonight.
Post a Comment