Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hooked on phonics...

Well not really. But I have been hooked on reading again. I just started reading "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and it's good so far. It's funny how I can relate so much to the main character, Rebecca. I remember once upon a time when I was just as careless with money and just didn't accept my responsibilities. Like what, really, I have to pay credit cards back? haha.

I'm not saying that I'm no longer a shopaholic, but I am more aware of bargains and sales and all in between. I don't throw money around like I used to and definitely don't spend much on myself these days. But like everyone else, I still want nice things for the house, comfortable clothes for the family, delicious food on the table, so I am just much smarter with the money I do spend.

Anyway, back to the book. It's set in England so there are a lot of terms you have to get used to (like loo for restroom, bloody for damn, etc) but it's a pretty easy read. I am trying to get to the end so I can go see the movie in a couple of weeks. I am betting Isla Fisher will make a good Rebecca. She's so darn cute.

3 comments:

Joy Harkins said...

It must be the time of year because I have picked up a few good books lately too! I just read Skinny Bitch (hilarious and motivating) and am moving on to a heavier genre - Dreams from My Father (by Barack Obama). Happy reading! BTW I want to start the Twilight series (when I have absolutely no other commitments!).

Unknown said...

I wanted to pick up Skinny Bitch at Costco the other day. I'll probably have to buy that now since I've heard a lot of good things about it. You definitely have to read the Twilight series...soooooo worth it! I forgot all about real life while reading them. LOL.

Anonymous said...

If you like Sophia Kinsella, you might want to check out "Undomestic Goddess". It's not related to her Shopaholic series, but I actually enjoyed it more. (I got annoyed with Rebecca by book three.)

Another good Brit Chick Lit author is Jane Green. ("Jemima J")