Friday, May 01, 2009

Spring Cleaning Party

simple-mom-spring-cleaning-party
So I've been trying so hard to clean my house, one room at a time. The areas I clean stays clean for about an hour before it becomes a wreck again (I love my kids, but man oh man!). I went through a deep-clean stage of my spring cleaning 2 weeks ago and then we went away for a few days on a mini vaca and it was sooooooooooo nice to come to a nice, clean & organized home. Now I'm back to where I started and it's just so exhausting.

I've managed to clean 1-2 rooms a day and mind you, we only have less than 1200 sq ft of space. But with 2 kids running amuck, it feels like it's 3000 sq ft filled with crap! So, I'm joining SimpleMom's "Spring Cleaning Party" (SCP) next week and I'm hoping this will help me declutter my home. I've actually gotten pretty good about getting rid of a TON of stuff (I can be such a pack rat sometimes).

But since we're having a yard sale in a couple weeks, I want to get rid of as much stuff as possible. I'm already in the process of selling stuff on Craigslist so I'm feeling good about getting my spring cleaning started (ok, I must admit, I started in late Feb!). Plus I actually got the kids room AND the office organized (moved a huge oak bunk bed, bookcases, and a tall dresser all by myself and everything!) a couple weeks ago so that was a great jump start to all this.

The only downside about this SCP is that I had to buy a book. But it's only $7 and I consider it an investment. SimpleMom has been pretty right on with everything she's blogged about so I trust her methods will work (or else I'm gonna be slightly disappointed with having to spend that $7!).

So here's the schedule...
Here’s the Spring Cleaning Party schedule:

* Monday, May 4 - a clean sweep
* Tuesday, May 5 - the living room, part one
* Wednesday, May 6 - the living room, part two
* Thursday, May 7 - the kitchen, part one
* Friday, May 8 - the kitchen, part two
* Monday, May 11 - the bathrooms
* Tuesday, May 12 - the kids’ rooms, part one
* Wednesday, May 13 - the kids’ rooms, part two
* Thursday, May 14 - the master bedroom
* Friday, May 15 - the front entry

I am looking forward to getting started on Monday. I love lists and this just adds to my OCD need of list-making so I'm happy. I know, I'm weird like that...

No comments: