
"Your Songs" is such a classic Harry Connick, Jr. style selection of music. He usually chooses songs that have a jazzy feel to it and is of the oldies but goodies world. Though I am a fan of his, I just didn't feel that this was original in any way. It just sounds like all of his other CDs. I loved walking down memory lane with some of the songs he chose. I especially liked "Besame Mucho" from one of my favorite movies of all time (Great Expectations) and "The Way You Look Tonight" from another favorite movie of mine (My Best Friend's Wedding). Although I appreciate listening to some classic songs of some of the greatest artists of all time, I just wish he could branch out more and make his OWN music. But then again, I wouldn't mind him singing "Oh Danny Boy" like he did on another favorite movie of mine (Memphis Belle). Can't you tell I love movies?
Important Links to more Harry Connick, Jr.
Behind the Scene look at ‘Making of’ the album: http://bit.ly/HCJrVideo
Harry’s website: http://www.harryconnickjr.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/harryconnickjr
For more info about Harry and Your Songs listed in our Harry Connick Jr. Newsletter: http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1410033033
Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):
All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)
*Thank you One2OneNetwork for this great opportunity to listen to this CD for FREE!
No comments:
Post a Comment