So the kids and I are going through their bedrooms trying to collect stuff to sell at our yard sale. Connor is doing awesome looking for things to sell (and donate to Goodwill). He is breezing through his room stuffing boxes with toys he no longer plays with. Isabella, on the other hand, is a hoarder like me so she is having a hard time letting go of things and is actually asking Connor if she can take some of the stuff he's willing to let go of. Go figure. Lol.
Connor decided to donate his blow-up dinosaur he got at the Dollar Tree not too long ago. He says he never plays with it (which he does by the way) but is willing to let go of it (and just about everything in his room because he "wants to make room for more toys that he will be getting for his birthday in a few weeks"). As he puts it in the box, Isabella picks it up and decides it's now hers. It's a fun toy, so what the heck, I let her keep it. Fast forward a few hours later, Isabella's walking around the house, shoving the dino in Connor's face...
I: "Hi, my name is Cutie!"
C: "His name is Dino. It's a boy."
I: "Well I changed its name to Cutie. It's a girl now. I like to snuggle it and it's Cutie!"
C: "Well it's a boy. It was born that way and you can't change it from boy to girl. So his name is Dino."
I: "Well it's a girl now."
C: "Nope sorry, but it doesn't have a vagina. It has a penis."
I: "Well I'll just take it off. Now it's a girl."
C: "You can't just take it off. It's always been a boy and that's that."
Isabella walks away "Cutie is soooooo snuggly and I looooooove snuggling with her."
Those kids crack me up!
2 comments:
Holy cow. That is so friggin hilarious. I almost just choked on the corn puffs that I'm munching on! Hahaha! I love it.
I know it's a bit too early to introduce this concept to Connor but you know, you technically 'can' remove the penis now. Have you heard about all of the hype with the first supermodel that is a transgender? I think he/she is supposed to be getting her surgery done pretty soon :)
Ummm Charmie, when you have kids someday, you tell me when it's time to tell your kids that! Lol. Yes, I know it's possible. Don't want to tell Isabella that, she might actually try. HAHA!
Post a Comment