A great guide for Triathlon Training! I am really really hoping to be able to do the SLO Triathlon this year. I have been "training" for about a month now, not hardcore or anything, but enough to build my endurance. I'm able to do interval runs of 5 miles in 55 mins and swim 32 laps in a 25 yard pool within 11 mins. Not too bad. I am having problems with my right knee still but it has gotten a lot better since I've lost 10 lbs and been working out more. I was able to run 25 mins straight the other day w/ no pain! I was so ecstatic. I tried to push it but I could feel my knee start giving out so I started doing interval runs after. I ran 35 mins total so enough to do a 5K. I figure if I can push both kids in the BOB stroller and run a 5K in 30 mins or a 10K in 1.5 hrs then sheez, I can run a 5K now in less than 30 mins! It's just so frustrating when I know I CAN do all of this and in good time, but my body is failing me. Sucks getting old. Well, I can't really blame age entirely. It's my fault for always going into hibernation (eating all I want and barely working out) during the winter months. I can't expect that my metabolism and endurance will always snap back like usual. Now that I am getting older, I am finding that it's not as easy as it used to be. I used to be able to pick up right where I left off from 3 months prior but no such luck these days. Well, I just realized I have to swim 36 lengths at the Sinsheimer Pool (where the triathlon is held in July) so I need to start doing that. Off to go for a run then swim in the cold! Brrrrr!

No comments:
Post a Comment