Speaking of updates, I guess I should talk about the fam. The fam is great and life is good for the most part. J is still with the Sheriff's Dept and loves his job (on most days) and I'm glad because I wouldn't wanna have to go look for a job right now. The economy sucks and I can't see myself working at any of the jobs posted on the Classifieds. Job-hunting would suck right now!
J and I just went on the most amazing cruise ever with his parents. It was sooooooooooo much fun. People make fun of us 'cause we went with his 'rents (they're just jealous) but they really are the best people and so cool to hang out with. The cruise was such a blast! I can't wait to go on our next one.
The kids stayed with some family and their Godmother while we were on vacation. From what they tell us (wonder if they were lying?), the kids were really good. Our kids can get pretty crazy sometimes so I was really worried but now that I hear they were "good"...we'll start planning our next vacation then. LOL.
Connor is now 4 years old and is a crazy wild banshee. He is a really intelligent kid but man, he does not run out of energy. He's like Einstein on crack. He has a very expansive vocabulary for a 4-year old and is freaking awesome at putting things together (and tearing them apart). He's very creative and loves to "try" to be independent. Key word: TRY. But he's pretty much a mama's boy and yes, it's my fault. I've spoiled him and I'm surely paying for it now.
Isabella, on the other hand, is one funny character. She simply adores her brother. She calls him "BROTHER" not by name. He follows him everywhere, does everything he does (if not better...her motor skills are freaking amazing) and loves to beat up on him. Some days he can take it but on most he just freaks out and tells on her. I just wish he would grow a pair and punch her back (ok, just kidding). But she absolutely loves her brother. She is definitely starting to act like the typical 2 year old and oh dear, does she play the part well. She screams her head off anytime she's frustrated or annoyed and is such a tomboy, climbing everything she can swing her legs over. But she is quite a mysterious girl. She's not quiet in any way but it's so hard to tell what her personality is really like because she mirrors so much of what Connor says and does. I am quite interested in seeing her grow into her own. But for now, I am just enjoying my time with my baby girl.
They are both the light(s) of my life. As a stay at home mom, I get to enjoy all the moments (they're not all enjoyable) with them and consider myself truly blessed being able to do so. Some days I wish I was working outside the home 'cause OMG, they f'ing drive me insane sometimes. But I love 'em to death and am glad I get to spend so much time with them. Plus, J is off work 3-4 days a week so we get a lot of good family quality time together. That makes me happy...



No comments:
Post a Comment